Terms & Conditions - Trade Buyer
- Any reference within these terms to We, Us The Company, or Seller shall mean A1 Approved Limited whose registered office is Office 56, Sugar Mill, Oakhurst Road, Leeds, LS11 7HL and whose Company Number is 6272558.
- Any reference to you, the buyer, or purchaser shall mean any person, sole trader, partnership, business, body corporate or other entity detailed in the appropriate section of the sales invoice/order form and shall, in each circumstance, mean a trade buyer who purchases in the course of a trade or business, profession or vocation, a warranty. Warranties shall mean the items detailed in the appropriate section of the sales/order form and it shall be a core term of this agreement that all ancillary items are additional to this agreement unless specifically detailed within the sales invoice/order form. Any orders placed by Trade Buyers can be cancelled within 28 days of placing the order and a full refund or credit note will be issued.
- Price shall mean the consideration due for purchase and shall be payable immediately the warranty order is placed.
- These conditions shall apply to all of The Company's quotations and contracts, orders (including telephone & Internet orders) for the sale or supply of goods accepted by the Company. For the trade buyer, any other terms or representations, whether implied by statute, made prior to, collateral with or subsequent to the contract or order are hereby excluded and shall not be binding upon the company.
- Brochure descriptions, web site information and samples on display are indicative only and any specifications, weights, measurements and technical data (whether relating to inclusions, exclusions and cover type or otherwise) are for guidance only and shall not form a description within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act/Supply of Goods and Services Act (as amended). Buyers are therefore required to check current specification and cover provisions prior to order, as no liability shall be accepted by this Company for any claim arising there-from.
- The Company reserves the right to amend technical or clerical errors in any order without notice. In addition, the buyer shall ensure that all details contained within the order are correct and no liability for any error or inaccuracy shall lie with the company unless notified of such error within five days of receipt of any document containing the said error.
Limitations Upon Liability
- Advice given by agents or servants of this company or detailed within an Internet web site or during telephone/ Internet orders is based entirely upon information given by the purchaser. No liability can therefore be accepted by the Company for incorrect advice given and all such advice should be checked by the purchaser prior to order. Additionally, goods supplied are supplied only to correspond to the purpose for which goods of that kind are commonly supplied and not alternative uses to which they may be put.
- For trade buyers, the company is hereby excluded from any liability, however arising, in respect of any express or implied condition, warranty or term, statement, representation whether statutory or otherwise, relating to the products supplied. The trade buyer accepts that he is best placed to insure against losses which arise by virtue of any breach of this agreement and warrants that he carries adequate insurance in this respect.
- Where products are incorrect, incorrectly supplied, delayed or otherwise in breach of the implied terms of the buyers statutory rights, all losses which result from loss of use, additional expenses incurred, overnight accommodation, recovery and repairs or other similar losses, are excluded and shall not be reclaimable from the Company. In additions the company shall accept no liability for death or personal injury unless caused directly by its own negligence.
- The Company accepts no liability in respect of failure to supply or other interruptions caused by matters beyond the reasonable control of the Company, including strikes, lockouts, civil disputes, acts of God, war or actions by third parties.
- Quotations are given on the assumption that the Government levies remain unaltered. In the event of such changes, the buyer shall be liable for the full cost thereof without notice from the Company.
- Unless otherwise stipulated within the sales invoice/order form, all accounts are strictly net and payable with order or otherwise in accordance with the terms of the trade buyer's credit account. Where default occurs in payment by the trade buyer, default interest shall become payable in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 at the maximum rate permissible the re-under or in accordance with the credit terms agreed or, where the buyer is a consumer, at 2% above the base rate of the Lloyds Bank PLC.
- 3. If you have extended your cover and have opted to pay on a monthly ongoing basis, please note that these payments must run for a minimum period of six months, after which you are entitled to cease your payments by emailing [email protected] quoting your vehicle registration number and your name and we will cease the cover 30 days after your last payment was received. Otherwise we will continue to take the agreed payments each month until you chose to cancel. Please note that it is your responsibility to inform us if you wish to cancel the cover for whatever reason.
Title, Delivery and Performance of the Contract
- Title or ownership within the product shall not pass to the buyer until the company has received payment in full. In the event that sums owing in respect of other items ordered remain due, apportionment by this company shall take place without prejudice to the right to retain title in respect of all goods ordered.
- All times given for dispatch or delivery are approximate and time shall not be of the essence. The buyer agrees to allow 21 days in any written notice making time of the essence and further agrees to accept full liability in respect of delayed or late delivery or dispatch.
- The buyer is required to notify the Company, in writing, of any shortage, failed delivery or other discrepancy immediately, or at the latest within five days of such failure, thereafter the buyer shall be liable for any such discrepancy. Where delivery is effected to the buyers own delivery contractor, loss or damage in transit claims should be made directly to the carrier. The Company will assist purchasers in making their claim.
Cancellation of Orders and Liability
- Goods ordered by the Buyer shall not be capable of return or cancellation after 28 days of making the order. The Company reserve the right to refuse cover or supply products to any person, individual, or Company.
- The buyer shall indemnify the Company against all actions, claims, demands, penalties and cost brought by or incurred by third parties or this company in tort, contract, infringements of or alleged infringements of patents or registered designs or howsoever arising in connection with the products or their delivery or unloading or in connection with the Buyers use of the Companies Websites.
- The buyer confirms that he shall comply with any or all rules relating to servicing and care of the warranted vehicle concerned so as to ensure continuity of cover and that the said Buyer shall act in good faith when completing documentation.
This agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with English and Welsh Law and industry custom and practice, and English and Welsh courts shall have sole jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising there-from. In respect of Internet sales, jurisdiction or the agreement shall be with English Law and it shall be deemed that any agreement is made in Leeds, West Yorkshire irrespective of any rule of contract dictating otherwise.Refunds
In the event that you wish to cancel your cover, please email [email protected] quoting your vehicle registration number and your name and we will cease the cover.
If you cancel within the first 28 days of taking out the warranty you will be entitled to a full refund less the £25 cancellation fee (where applicable) providing you have made a distinct and separate payment for the warranty. We can only refund the party that has directly paid us for the cover. You will not normally be entitled to a refund after this period.